Six Australians will this week participate in a four-day international webinar to reflect on the pastoral application of Pope Francis’ 2016 apostolic exhortation Amoris Laetitia (The Joy of Love).
Earlier this year, the Pope inaugurated the Amoris Laetitia Family Year, which is due to culminate with the celebration of the World Meeting of Families in Rome in June 2022.
He invited the faithful to “live a year of rereading the document and reflecting on the theme” of the beauty and joy of conjugal and family love.
A number of events have been scheduled at the local, national and global level, including in Australia.
Later this week the Vatican will host an international webinar with the theme “Where do we stand with Amoris Laetitia? Strategies for the pastoral application of Pope Francis’ Exhortation.”
The Australian participants are:
• Perth couple Derek and Karen Boylen – Derek is a member of the Australian Catholic Council for Life, Marriage and Family, director of the Centre for Life, Marriage and Family in Perth and chair of Fertility Education Australia;
• Archbishop Peter A Comensoli – chair of the Bishops Commission for Life, Family and Public Engagement;
• Lara Kirk – manager of Marriage, Family and Relationships in the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn;
• Anna Krohn – chair of the Australian Catholic Council for Life, Marriage and Family; and
• Louise Zavone – executive secretary of the Bishops Commission for Life, Family and Public Engagement.
Read the article on Australian Catholic Bishops Conference website.